Online Bidding: How to Register to Bid
If you are participating in an online or virtual event, you will need to create an account to bid. Greater Giving is a Level 1 vendor - the highest, most secure level of PCI compliance - so you know your data is safe. Below are video and written instructions for how you can register for an online auction. We also offer these instructions in a downloadable document: How to Register to Bid PDF
Steps to Register to Bid:
1. View the Online Bidding page by using the link provided by the organization.
2. Click on the Get Started button.
3. Create an account or log-in to an existing account. If you don’t have an account already, click the green “Create Account” button on the left side of the page.
4. On the next screen, enter your email address in both fields and click the reCAPTCHA box
confirming you are not a robot before clicking Confirm.
5. The next screen will ask you to verify your email to continue registering.
6. Check your inbox for the email address that was entered on the confirm email page. The email
will be from “Greater Giving Login.”
- Note: If you don’t receive an email, check your spam or promotions tab. You can also click the “Resend Email” button on the Verify Email page if needed
7. Within the email you received, click the provided link to verify your account. The link will
connect you to building out your bidder account information.
8. Your email address will be your Username.
9. Create a password for your account. The password must be at least 7 characters in length and contain at least 2 non-alphabetic characters and 2 non-numeric characters.
10. Enter your name, address, and mobile phone.
11. Enter your credit card information. You will only be charged if you make a donation or are the winning bidder on an auction package. Greater Giving is a PCI-Level 1 Compliant credit card processing company. Your card information is securely stored and then removed from our database after the event.
12. Confirm all information is correct and click the green “Create” button at the bottom of the page.
13. Your account is now created! Click the green gavel to start bidding in the auction or make a