Online Payments: Registration Modules
This module is designed for your Supporters to buy tickets to an actual physical event. However, it can be used for a variety of other means as well. In addition to collecting information from your guests pertaining to your event, it can also be used to process donations. Below, we will cover the specifics of the registration module.
- The Form Title appears above the Registration form, and shows up in your Reports.
- Specify Event Name, Date, Location, and determine if you want each displayed.
- A custom text intro will allow you to specify text that appears above your form. This is typically used to explain the event, or additional information ranging from dress code to location of venue.
- Opening and Closing Dates determine how long the form is active. Add in a cutoff date to prevent last minute registrations, or leave it off to allow guests to register right up till your event.
- Allow zero dollar transactions allows your supporters to move ahead with the form without a dollar amount selected. Helpful when using a discount code or when just gathering information
- Keep credit card info for use at auction is only useful if you also use Greater Giving Online for your Event Management. Otherwise, this should not be selected.
- Process transactions in test mode allows you to test the form before making it live. Charges will not be sent to the bank, but you will be able to complete the whole form from start to finish experiencing what your supporters will.
- Set a Max Total if you would like to limit the total amount of tickets sold. This is useful if you know you can only sell a certain amount of tickets, but are not particular on which ones are sold.
- Specify how you want the Fair Market Value to appear on receipts. Commonly also called Retail Value or Retail Price.
- If you would like to specify Line Item Grouping, check the box and enter your grouping text. Common groupings are Tickets, Merchandise, Raffle Tickets, and others.
- Name your registration category (Single Ticket, Couple Ticket, Table, etc.) and specify a price and value. View Order determines how high on the list it appears. The lower the number, the higher it appears. Number Included is how many actual seats you get with each ticket purchase. A Single Ticket would have (1) and a Table would have (8), for instance.
- Click the plus symbol next to Advanced Options to see additional choices such as Custom Descriptions, Limit Available, Dates Available, Group Information, and collecting Additional Contact Information for each registrant.
- You can select which phone numbers you want to gather from the purchaser.
- Delivery options are used primarily if you want to add shipping options at extra charge.
- Enable discount codes to specify a discount code, either at a flat rate or a percentage base to discount purchases made through the website. Useful for staff or sponsors that wish to pay by check, but enter information through your page.
- A Convenience fee will apply either a flat rate or percentage based dollar amount to each transaction. This can be optional or mandatory for your donors.
- Add additional customized questions for organization specific information you want to gather, or survey type questions.
- Confirmation defaults are controlled via your Site Settings. Switch to Copy or Customize to change them for this page only.
- Email copies of all transaction receipts allows you to have more than one person receiving copies of transaction emails. Useful if you have multiple people working with the software.
- Note the data tags on the right. These are useful for populating information in your receipts.