Online Payments: Feedback Module
A feedback module is great way to provide your users with survey style questions, to gather information normally not covered by the other modules. You can determine your own questions rather than use pre-generated questions, so that you can make it tailored to your organization. Once again, this is a unique module with a variety of different settings and configurations, so we will cover using this module below.
Adding a Feedback Module:
- Navigate to the page you wish to add the module to. Ensure you are in Edit mode by clicking Edit Page in the top right corner (if it says View Page, you are in Edit Mode).
- Hover over Page Settings, and from the drop down menu select Add a New Module.
- Select the module from the list, and either drag and drop it to where you want it, or use the arrows in the right hand corner of the module to determine where it will be placed.
Adding Categories and Subjects:
Categories and Subjects are what you use on the Feedback form to help breakdown what exactly the user is referencing. To add or remove these, follow these steps.
- In the Feedback pane, hover over the Pencil icon associated with the module to configure it further. Select the option for Edit Category/Subject Lists.
- Switch between Categories and Subjects by using the radial button.
- Fill in a Name for the Category/Subject.
- Fill in a List Value. This helps when moderating feedback in the backend.
- Choose whether this Category/Subject is Active (in order to appear on the page, they should be active).
- Determine if this Category/Subject is Portal Wide (meaning every feedback form on your account will have this Category/Subject).
- Click Save when finished, or Return to Module to return.
- In the Feedback pane, click the Settings button and select Settings from the drop down menu.
- Click on the Feedback Settings tab.
- Chose to Send To a certain email address, or select roles from the list that will receive a copy of the feedback.
- Denote a Send From email address if you wish. This is helpful if spam has been blocking your emails.
- Send a Copy sends a copy of the feedback to the users email, and if Opt Out is selected, the user can decide to not receive a copy. Send Email Asynchronously staggers the copy you receive and the copy the user receives.
- Feedback Category Settings determine whether the list is Visible, Required, or as a Send To if a valid email address is the category.
- Form and Fields Settings allows you to customize the Subjects of your Feedback form. Here you can choose whether the Field Type of the subject, as well as Required, Optional, or Hidden for the various fields. Lastly, this area will allow you to customize the accepted length of the Feedback.
- Submission and Security Settings allows you to add a Captcha to prevent non-human users from sending feedback. This Captcha can be audio or text, and you can determine the noise (if audio Captcha, the actual noise. If text Captcha, the amount of line’s crossing the image) as well as repeat submissions.
- While filtering repeat submissions, be aware that filtering by IP may make it so that legitimate users under the same IP (such as an office) will be unable to each make a submission. Likewise, filtering by DotNetNuke will prevent anonymous users from submitting feedback.
- Moderation and Feedback Settings determine how you moderate the feedback. You have options for activating Moderation (requiring an admin to approve each feedback message before it is posted), whether or not you want to store the information in the database or Email only. There is also a Print Template that Greater Giving recommends not changing unless you have skills in HTML.
- Cleanup Settings allows you to determine how and when feedback is cleaned up.
The process of Moderation is done after a user has submitted feedback, but before it is posted to your page. Moderation is a simple way to review what is being said to filter out inappropriate or gibberish feedback.
- In the Feedback pane, hover over the Pencil icon associated with the module to configure it further. Select the option for Moderation/Management.
- Here you can see Pending Feedback, as well as any Private, Published, or Archived Feedback.
- When feedback comes in, you have the ability to Set Private if it is Public and vice versa. You may also Archive the feedback, Print, Delete or Edit the feedback.
- Click Return to Module when finished.