Items are an important part of your online software database. They are used to create packages, which can then be sold to Supporters. Adding Items can also be done through an Item Import. When adding Items, the easiest method is by viewing your Items, then clicking the add button. You can then fill in the Item details including any applicable donors. Below is a walk through of adding Items one at a time.
- Items can also be added through a spreadsheet import. See Importing Items for more information.
- Items can also be added through the Project Website. See Creating an Item Donation Page for more information
Manually Adding Items:
- Click Items & Packages in the Main Menu, and select View Items.
- Click the Add button in the toolbar.
- Enter the Item Name. This should be descriptive, yet succinct.
- Enter the Item Number. This will automatically generate based on the next available number if left blank.
- Using the drop down lists, provide additional information about Item Type, Category, Section, Value Type, and Certificate Type for this Item.
- Note: These drop down lists can be customized in your Project Settings.
- Add an image by either dragging the image into the provided spot, or click Browse your computer or Select an Image from Image Manager.
- You can add a Description & Restriction using the Text Editor. This description will be added to the Package's description & restriction once the Item is assigned to a Package.
- The Procurement Status, Location, and Date Received are optional fields designed to help you keep track of where the Item is in the acquisition process.
- Check the Thanked Donor and Thanked Staff if these were already done. They can always be edited later.
- To add a Donor, search for a Supporter or click Create New Supporter.
- Leave this field blank to make the donation Anonymous.
- To add a Soliciting Staff Member, search for a Supporter, or click Create New Supporter.
- You can add Notes if desired. Notes are for internal reference only.
- When you are finished, click Save to save and exit or click the Save & Add New button to save and continue adding Items.