Creating an Item Donation Page
An Item Donation page can be a useful tool in procuring items for your Auction. Supporters can visit your page, and fill in the Item details they would like to donate. From there you can just import the Item Donation into Greater Giving Online and it will automatically be created as an Item within your system! Creating an Item Donation page can be done through your Manage Project Website, using the drop down to select Item Donation page, and clicking add. A step by step walk through for creating an Item Donation page can be found below. Explore a sample Item Donation Page.
- Click Manage Project in the Main Menu, and select Manage Project Website.
- Using the drop down titled Page Type, select an Item Donation page.
- Click the Add Page button.
- Add in a Page name, and determine the Page Visibility.
Item Donation Options:
- Fill in the Item Donation Page Header text. This is typically used to pre-thank donors, as well as provide any additional information on getting the physical Item to your organization.
- Select a Label Text for the Notes field. This defaults as Notes, although you can adjust it so say anything you want.
- Use the check boxes to determine what Donor's Phone Number(s) you wish to collect.
- Enable the toggle if you want to Require the Donor’s Postal Address.
- Enable the toggle if you would like to Customize the Receipt the donor receives after donating an Item. If you make no changes to this, it will default to the settings set up in your Project Website General Settings.
- Click Save to save your work and be taken back to Manage Project Website.
In addition to the above, there are multiple additional options for the website that can be enabled. See below for more information on those.
- Want to have a shorter, Friendly URL? Read more about Friendly URLs.
- Want to collect additional information from the item donors? Read more about adding Custom Questions.