Creating a New Project
One of the primary places you will be spending time within Greater Giving Online is a Project. A Project is any unique event that your organization wants to track admissions, sales, payments, or seating. You can make as many Projects as your organization needs, but note that most features such as Roles, Sales, Payments, and to a certain extent Items and Packages are not shared between Projects (with the exception of Supporters, which will be shared across all Projects). Creating a Project takes only a few minutes, and is all done from your Organization Home.
Creating a New Project:
- On the Organization Home, click the Add button.
- To get to your Organization Home from your Project Home click My Organization in the Main Menu.
- Select a Project Template to be used.
- Auction at Venue - This template allows for greater customization for your event, and has fewer pre-loaded settings. Typically used for galas, luncheons, or any event that has a physical venue.
- Online/Virtual Event - This template should be used for auctions that will be online only and will not take place at a venue location. See: Online Bidding: Online Only Auctions.
- Peer-to-Peer Event - This template should be used for Walks, A-Thons, or any simple peer-to-peer fundraising event.
- If you will be using Join Me but also have an auction or check-in aspect to your event, please select Auction at Venue and you can enable Join Me in the Project Settings.
- Non-Auction at Venue - This template should be used if you are holding an appeal only event that will typically not have a silent and/or live auction component.
- Golf Event - This template is designed for your golf event, and comes pre-loaded with common golf features such as Starting Hole and Mulligans. See: Managing a Golf Event.
- Use a Past Project - This template can save you time by copying settings and data from a previous Project, to be used as a base for your current event. See: Creating a Project Using a Past Project.
- In the field provided, give your Project a Name. This can always be changed.
- Give your event Start and End Dates.
- The Start Date is optional, and should only be used for Online Bidding or multi-day events, where the auction opens early.
- The End Date should be the actual day of your event.
- Select a Project Time Zone.
- In the fields provided, enter your Event Director and Day of Contact information (may be the same). Note: The system will format phone numbers for you.
- Event Director - This is the person that we should contact concerning equipment orders and general event information.
- Event Contact - This is the person that we should contact the day of the event itself.
- Click Done.
- Finally, you will be prompted to select your method of Credit Card Processing (if any)
Yes - You plan on charging credit cards for this event.
- I plan to use Greater Giving card readers in conjunction with other methods like my project’s website or Online Bidding: You will have the ability to accept payments through your Project Website, manually add cards to a Supporter record, and swipe credit cards using our Card Readers. Most common with Auction at Venue.
- I plan to only manually enter all credit card numbers: You will have the ability to accept cards through your Project Website, and manually add cards to a Supporters record.
- I plan to allow supporters to register with their credit card information for this online-only auction: You will have the ability to accept payments through your Project Website, and Supporters can enter their own credit cards when signing up for Online Bidding.
- I am not using Greater Giving to charge credit cards: You will be able to accept payments through your Project Website, but will need to contact another company for card readers. Greater Giving will not provide processing or integration for these transactions.
No - You do not plan on charging credit cards for this event.
- I’m creating a test project: No credit cards can be processed, but you can have a sandbox to make changes to.
- I’m creating a backup copy: No credit cards can be processed, but you want a backup of a different Project.
- I’m only accepting other forms of payment: No credit cards can be processed, but you can still add alternate forms of payment, such as Cash or Checks.
If you have opted to Enable Credit Cards, you will be prompted to Request Card Readers. This can always be skipped, but we recommend reserving your card readers as soon as possible to ensure timely delivery.