An alternate way of adding Items into your Project is using our Import Items feature. Importing Items is a great way to take an excel spreadsheet of all your previously procured items and place them directly into your Greater Giving Event Software. There are a few specific requirements for importing Items.
- Edit Item Permissions: Can be added by an Organization Admin. See our article on Manage User Permissions.
- Supporter data imported first: The Supporter data is used for donors as well as solicitors, and is recommended to be in the system before you upload your Items. See our article on Importing Supporters if you need to mass upload Supporters.
- Column Headers: The column headers on your file are recommended to match the headers in Greater Giving Online for ease of importing.
Check out our Item Fields article to get a good idea of the available fields as well as any restrictions that apply to them.
Item Import Template: A basic sheet for importing your Items. Contains the recommended fields for importing Items into Greater Giving Event Software. Note: Any of these fields can be removed, except for the Item Name and Value.
Basic Process of importing Items:
- Click Items & Packages in the Main Menu and select View Items.
- Click Import in the toolbar above the Items list.
- Click Upload File to select the .xls, .xlsx, or .csv file from your computer to import.
- Note the Field Mapping. Greater Giving generally recommends starting with default mapping, especially if you have used a template.
- Click Next.
- Choose your field mapping. The left hand side is the fields found on the Import file. The right hand side is fields available in Greater Giving Online.
- If you used default mapping, many fields should be marked with a green check mark. These are fields the system detected and automatically mapped.
- Use the drop down menus on the right hand side to choose which of your fields will be mapped to Greater Giving fields.
- Once all left hand fields have been mapped (marked with a green check mark) click Next in the bottom right of the screen.
- The system will prompt you to Save your mapping.
- This is useful if you do frequent imports and want to save the mappings for later use.
- Click Next.
- The system will display a summary of Items to be imported. This summary will include Item Name and Action.
- The Action column is a critical column to evaluate while importing Items. This column will let you know if Items will be merged, added as new Items, or have an error while importing.
- At this point, you can fix any errors that are present, or make a check next to Skip Rows With Errors to import only Successful rows.
- Click Next to import.
- Finally, a Summary Report will appear that can be exported back into Excel. Click Done to go back to View Items.