Creating a Catalog Page
A Catalog page is a specific page designed to show off your Auction Catalog online. This is most frequently used for in-person events that are not using Online Bidding. Events using Online Bidding typically use the Online Bidding page instead to preview silent and live auction packages.
In order to use the Catalog page to its fullest extent, you should first have created your Catalog, and filled in as much information as possible in your Packages (including description and images). From there, you can easily create the Catalog page by going into your Manage Project Website, adding a Catalog Page from the drop down menu, and filling in the available fields. Below is a step by step walk through of adding a Catalog page. Explore a sample Catalog Page.
Adding a Catalog Page:
- Click Manage Project in the Main Menu, and select Manage Project Website.
- Using the drop down titled Page Type, select a Catalog page.
- Click the Add Page button.
Catalog Page Settings:
- Add in a Page Name. By default this will appear as the Navigation Name your guests see.
- Choose which Catalog to Display from the drop down menu. The catalog must have already been created. See Using Catalogs.
- Fill in the Catalog Page Text. This is commonly used to introduce your Catalog, and provide any disclaimers about the catalog.
- Determine how you will Sort your Catalog.
- Package Number: Sorts the catalog by the Package’s Number in Greater Giving Online.
- Package Name: Sorts the catalog alphabetically by Package Name.
- Package Value: Sorts the catalog by the value of each Package.
- Determine how you Group Packages, either by Class or Section. If sorting by Section, additional options include Alphabetically or by Lowest Package Number. Grouping the Packages will result in a nested navigation for the Catalog Page.
Information to Show on Catalog Page:
- Determine Info to Show on Catalog page by making check boxes. This is what is present when viewing the Catalog overview on the web page and is taken directly from your Packages. Tip: Use our Clean HTML feature to ensure all of your Packages are using the same font and style.
- Use the toggle to enable Show Package Details. These determine what is shown when a Supporter clicks on a Package to view detailed information within your Catalog and is taken directly from your Packages. When Package Detail Information is selected, the Package Name and Image on the web page become a hyperlink.
- Click Save to save your work and be taken back to Manage Project Website.
- Want to adjust who can see this page? Read about Page Visibility here.
- Want to have a shorter, Friendly URL? Read more Friendly URLs here.