Managing a Golf Event
Although Greater Giving Online is designed as an Auction and Event software, you can use the same tools within the system to also manage successful Golf Events. In short, your golfers will be known as Bidders, and ticket sales would work as admission into the tournament. You can make multiple sale packages for a mulligan, and determine starting hole by using groups and tables!
First, begin by Creating a New Project, and use the template Golf Event. Below, we will cover assigning course designations (expert, beginner, etc.), starting holes, and tracking foursomes.
Watch our Golf Event Webinar for more details and best practices.
Assigning Course Designations:
You can use Affiliate Types to track course designations, if you have them.
- Click Project Settings in the Main Menu, and select View Supporter Settings.
- Click the Affiliate Types tab.
- Either edit an existing Affiliate Type by clicking the Name, or click the Add button.
- In the Affiliate Type field, enter the name of the course.
- Add any applicable Notes about the course.
- Click Save when finished. When you assign admissions to golfers, you can edit their Affiliate Type under the Bidder Tab.
Assign Starting Holes:
Starting holes can be set up by using our Tables feature. You can change the Table Name to a Hole Number and have additional notes for internal use.
- Click Project Settings in the Main Menu, and select View Event Settings.
- Click the Tables tab.
- Click the Add button.
- Under Table Name, enter the Hole Number.
- For Seats, enter the number of golfers.
- Under Notes, leave any applicable Notes about the hole.
You can track foursomes in the software using our Groups feature. In addition to being a simple way to keep track of your golfers, you can also quickly assign groups to tables (or in our case, Hole Numbers) so you have a nice list of golfers and where they begin.
- Click Manage Project in the Main Menu, and select Set Up Groups.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter the Group Name or Flight Number.
- Assign the group to a Table (the Hole the group will be starting at).
- Fill in any applicable Notes about the group.
Once the groups have been created, you can assign your golfers by editing their admission sale. See our Groups article for more information about assigning groups to your attendees.