Creating a Project Using a Past Project
When Creating a New Project, you have the ability to copy settings from a previous Project. This is useful if you are going to be using the same Settings from a previous year, or wish to copy the Project Website from a previous year. Below, we cover the entire process of Creating a Project Using a Past Project.
- On the Organization Home, click the Add button.
- To get to your Organization Home from a Project, select My Organization from the Main Menu.
- The Start Date should only be used for Online Bidding or multi-day events, where the auction opens early.
- The End Date should be the actual day of your event.
- All Settings - Recommended! This copies all of the Project Settings, as well as Admission, Donation, and Sponsorship type Packages.
- Items - Copies over the Items and the Donors that are tied to each Item.
- Website - Copies the Project Website from the previous year. Does not copy any Advanced Editing options that may have been used.
Note: You will still need to click the Create Website button on your new Project. Once you have done that, it will have your copied Website available.
- Make a Backup Copy - This should ONLY be used if you want to create a carbon copy of your Project. Copies everything, including unremovable data.
- Event Director - This is the person that we should contact concerning equipment orders and general event information.
- Event Contact - This is the person that we should contact the day of the event itself.
Yes - You plan on charging credit cards for this event.
- I plan to use Greater Giving card readers in conjunction with other methods like my project’s website or Online Bidding: You will have the ability to accept payments through your Project Website, manually add cards to a Supporter record, and swipe credit cards using our Card Readers. Most common with Auction at Venue.
- I plan to only manually enter all credit card numbers: You will have the ability to accept cards through your Project Website, and manually add cards to a Supporters record.
- I plan to allow supporters to register with their credit card information for this online-only auction: You will have the ability to accept payments through your Project Website, and Supporters can enter their own credit cards when signing up for Online Bidding.
- I am not using Greater Giving to charge credit cards: You will be able to accept payments through your Project Website, but will need to contact another company for card readers. Greater Giving will not provide processing or integration for these transactions.
No - You do not plan on charging credit cards for this event.
- I’m creating a test project: No credit cards can be processed, but you can have a sandbox to make changes to.
- I’m creating a backup copy: No credit cards can be processed, but you want a backup of a different Project.
- I’m only accepting other forms of payment: No credit cards can be processed, but you can still add alternate forms of payment, such as Cash or Checks.
If you have opted to Enable Credit Cards, you will be prompted to Request Card Readers. This can always be skipped, but we recommend reserving your card readers as soon as possible to ensure timely delivery.